Laser dentistry can be a precise and effective way to perform many dental procedures.
KATY LASER DENTISTRY
There are several advantages to utilizing lasers in dental procedures. Dentists may not need to use a drill or administer anesthesia in some procedures, allowing the patient to enjoy a more relaxed dental experience. Laser procedures can be more precise. Also, lasers can reduce symptoms and healing times associated with traditional therapies; reduce the amount of bacteria in both diseased gum tissue and in tooth cavities; and control bleeding during surgery.
Dental lasers can be used to:
- Reduce the discomfort of canker and cold sores
- Expose partially erupted wisdom teeth
- Remove muscle attachments that limit proper movement
- Manage gum tissue during impressions for crowns or other procedures
- Remove overgrown tissues caused by certain medications
- Perform biopsy procedures
- Remove inflamed gum tissues and aid in the treatment of gum disease
- Remove or reshape gum and bone tissues during crown lengthening procedures
- Help treat infections in root canals
- Speed up tooth whitening procedures
To learn more about how laser dentistry techniques could help you and your dental health, contact Katy Dentist Sandeep Mammen today at 281-394-3440.